Saturday 17 April 2010

Flame-Off!

I spent the day in Towcester yesterday, at Flame-Off! The annual event hosted by Tuffnell Glass. It was great that the dates coincided with a week long trip to the UK. I met loads of forum friends: Sooz, Sandie, Fiona, George, Ray and Andrew from the Bead Buddies forum as well as Natalie, Manda, Sarah, Sarah and Dickie, Sabine, Julie and Becky from the Frit-Happens! forum as well Sue, another Brit lampworking in France, and Pauline Holt who gave me my first ever lesson.

I sat in on some brilliant demonstrations by Di East, Teresa Laliberte and Sharon Peters, unfortunately having to leave before Sabine did her demo but will hopefully catch up with her again soon.

If you've missed it this year, try and get along to next years. It was my first ever time of going, but I'm hoping the girls Spring half term from school coincides again next year :-)

No comments: