Sunday 7 September 2008

Love is in the air...



Wow!! That felt like a very long time away. Daisy is back at school, in the afternoon as well as morning now, and I think it has been a shock to both Ruby and I how quiet the place is without her around. Well.. as quiet as it can be with Ruby demanding to be entertained in between wandering around saying forlornly how much she misses Daisy.

Have some pictures to share with you anyway :-D

As the summer has been all about having fun, Daisy requested some funny face beads so I had a play and made these...





And this is also my first attempt at a fish bead. Appropriately, he has quite a trout pout!



And more firsts!! My oldest friend, Louise, gets married on September 20th in the Isle of Wight to Brett (congratulations you two!!!!) and she asked me if I would make the hairvines for her and her bridesmaid to wear on the big day. I've combined some lampwork beads with swarkovski crystals and this is what I came up with. I've never tried anything like this before, but found a couple of pictures of hairvines on some wedding sites and worked out how they were made. Thanks also to the ladies on the Bead Buddies forum who steered me in the right direction for a swarkovski crystal supplier and what gauge wire I'd need. You're all stars!

The bride:


The bridesmaid:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow !!!!!!!!! I love the face beads !!!!!!!!!!!!! there are great for Art Doll making !!! And your fish is sooooo pretty !

ChatElaine said...

The face beads are funny I like the top one best :-D (my)Billie.

I love the little fishie he's cute I like his pout :O
The vines are really nice, well done, did you enjoy making them?

Billie Jean Little said...

Thanks ladies. The blue bead was claimed by Ruby and the red by Daisy. I'm glad there were no arguments!

The vines weren't as difficult to do as I'd been leading myself up to believe and it was quite enjoyable once I got into the flow of doing it. A bit nervous until I get the OK from the bride though ;-D

Anonymous said...

All beautiful pieces, faces are really funny, the fish's so cute, and the wedding jewels so new and elegant, well come back !

Becky said...

pssst Billie, Ive tagged you :))

Kebo Jewellery said...

Oops, I tagged you too, sorry!!!

Billie Jean Little said...

I've been tagged??? What does that mean..? (scratches head in puzzlement and goes off to investigate!